Saturday, February 14, 2009

Has it really been two months???

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at my blog since I haven't posted anything in so long. There hasn't been a lot of blog worthy events to share. We had a great Christmas and had the biggest snow storm we've seen for a couple of decades. I had a good three weeks off from school since the storm hit before our vacation started. I stayed at my parents house since I'm not a big snow driver. The day after Christmas we went to visit my brother and his family in Heber, UT which was the highlight of my vacation. My nieces are getting so big and I enjoyed every second with them. They are just the cutest.









My mom came to visit about a month ago and ended up staying a lot longer than expected. Her back started hurting and kept getting worse to the point she needed emergency back surgery on Wednesday. It's a long story, but I'll just quote the surgeon by saying, "It was very bad!". We're glad she's home now recovering. I missed a few days of school and the kids had a few things to say about that...I've attached their journal entries since I got a kick out of them.

4 comments:

The Fife's said...

I am glad that your kids missed you. We had fun with you for the holidays. Hope things are going good.

Rob and Juliann said...

I love the pic of your niece sitting on the dog's head. Your students are so cute too! Those were cute little notes they left you.

Anna said...

You are the coolest aunt and the coolest teacher!! Your kids obviously LOVE you!!! :)

The Pilgrims said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing better... love the journals from your students! I miss reading their funny thoughts!
x Becky