I'm not good about writing down what cute things my students say. I did, however, come across a quote I saved in my files from 2005. This boy was kind of like my current try me boy but was a first grader at the time. Teachers got used to watching me drag him down the hall to sit in the office. The fun times were when he'd grab the desk and not leave the room. Man, he held on for dear life! Despite these moments, I really did love him and knew he had a good heart under all his layers. He said many funny things from time to time, but this one melted my heart. I believe we were just sitting around somewhere doing something (that's my memory for you) and he randomly said:
I’m going to marry you when I grow up so you can come to Thanksgiving dinner with us for a long time. But when I’m old enough to get married, you’ll be really old, like 100!
A great reminder to me of why I teach!
(Not the part of being really old, like 100!)
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Thanksgiving Marriage Proposal
Posted by Emily Fife at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just love you Emily!! Your background music is AWESOME!!! I can see why you'd listen to it while you are studying! I'm so sorry you are so stressed! Hang in there! You are amazing!!! I know you can do it! You are such a wonderful teacher! The kids just love you!... and you have marriage proposals to prove it! :)
Hey Emily, I found your blog. How are you doing? I hope you have a great holiday season!
Post a Comment