My roommate mentioned the other day, "I hate when people don't update their blogs". She then looked at me until I got the point. Today I am supposed to be working on my master's work and said I was bored and didn't want to work. My roommate quickly said, "If you're not going to work, update your blog!" I don' t know if anyone reads this anymore, but this one is for you Karrie. (Although you hear about my life every day)
However, I don't have much to blog about. Unlike my other friends out there who always have something big to report such as buying a new house, getting married, having a baby, having another baby, etc. My life seems so little and boring compared to most other people. I wake up, I go to work, I come home, make dinner, work on school work, go to bed and start all over the next day. These days, when someone asks, "What's new with you?" I struggle to come up with something interesting. Still, I can't complain. I have my health. I have a job. I have a place to live. Over the past few months, there has been one thing that has made me excited to continue the routine of my little and boring life....Glee. Since my blog audience is my roommate and we watch it every week, I won't get into the details. If you don't know about it...get to know it.
I have been listening to Glee Soundtrack 1 and 2 and have realized many of the songs are the soundtrack to my life. Let me update the Life of Fife from the past couple of months through the song titles of Glee. This may be a long post of writing...if you read one song title a week, it will keep you occupied until my next post.
Maybe This Time - In September, I started a new school year. I am teaching first grade after 3 years of exploring other grades. I was nervous to be back since first graders are SO little and needy. Last year when I taught 2/3 grade, I lost all my energy. It was the hardest year in my career in so many ways. I started the year saying, "Maybe This Time" will be different. "Maybe This Time" I will have a great group of kids. "Maybe This Time" I will wake up excited to see my kids. I have been blessed this year because This Time is different...I love my job and my students make me smile and laugh all the time.
Imagine - Along with a new school year, I started my last year in my Master's program. While I know I am getting closer to the end, I do sit and "Imagine" what life would be like without having to write research paper after research paper and give presentation after presentation. I sit and "Imagine" what it will be like to sit down and read a book that I enjoy where I don't have to write a paper on. But then I "Imagine" having to pay back my student loans and don't want to play that imagining game anymore.
Somebody to Love - Do I need to explain this one?
Don't Stop Believing - My daily mantra. See above.
My Life Would Suck Without You - What continues to keep me going is knowing when my next trip will be to visit my nieces. We had the pleasure of going down over Christmas and it was heaven as always. Pictures follow this post. If I didn't have these two precious girls in my life, my life sure would "suck". I am looking forward to a quick trip early next month.
And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going - Karrie and I are coming up on 4 years together. While I didn't think we would be together for 4 years, I have enjoyed the time we have shared. Over the past month or so, I have had MANY dreams about Karrie moving on with her life without me. Over and over again, she moves to a new house, gets married, etc. And every time, I am left to look at my life and wonder what to do next. I wake up annoyed and I have say, "I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going!!!!" I still mean it. She better not get married or move on because I have a good thing going here. Here's to a great 4th year of living together!
Hope you enjoyed the latest soundtrack to the Life of Fife. Can't promise a new house, marriage or baby in my next post, but I will try to make it interesting.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Glee: The soundtrack to my life
Posted by Emily Fife at 6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am really liking Glee and look forward to its return. I am happy that a few dumb storylines were cleared up. We are looking forward to your visit!
My sister told me "Someone to love" should be the soundtrack to my life too. Cause we both know that "orphans" are hard to love. Here's to another 4 years!
P.S. and thanks for the update, I'll look forward to another one in 6 months.
I like it! You are very creative:) Thanks again for coming to visit little Blakey-he misses you.
I read your blog. And I am glad you finally updated! Glee is my most FAVORITE show. I love all the singing and dancing and can't wait until it starts again.
I totally understand with the Maybe This Time comments. I'm in that same boat. I, too, IMAGINE going to school on Monday and wanting to be there!
Keep your head up! ~Beth
I have to admit, Emily - I don't check your blog often (maybe b/c I've been trained not to b/c you don't post often!), but I do check it from time to time... and am always entertained. Thanks for sharing your life and being so real, even when you didn't think anyone but your roommate would read it. Miss you!
Becky
Post a Comment