Friday, July 2, 2010

Master of the House

After 2 long years, my Master's journey has almost come to an end. I graduated on Saturday, June 19th at Key Arena.  It was a little anti climatic because I had finals the following weekend and I still have to finish another class in mid July.  I really had no desire to walk but my cohort wanted all of us to go together.  It has been a LONG two years and the eleven teachers in my cohort were exactly what I needed to survive working full time and going to school full time. 


I do have to kindly say that the graduation was extremely boring.  However, I was able to make my long to-do list and plan for the upcoming week.  The difference between my Master's graduation and Bachelor's graduation was having cell phones.  My family and I texted throughout the entire ceremony trying to keep each other alert and listening to the "hidden messages". 

Outside the Key Arena by the fountain at the Seattle Center.


"Master Sister" for spending a lot of time looking over paper after paper over the past two years.


My favorite part of the "graduation weekend" was our CRAB FEST dinner!  I wasn't looking forward to sitting through graduation, but I sure was excited to eat a scrumptious meal!  I enjoyed it so much, I am thinking about going back for my Doctorate just to have another tasty meal.


After getting my Bachelor's Degree, I headed off to Mexico to spend an amazing week in the sun.  I moved to Washington excited to interview and find a job.  I moved into a new apartment with my sister and ready for many new adventures. 

After getting my Master's Degree, I headed home to do more homework, complete 24 report cards and portfolios for my students, move classrooms and prepare for my presentations and finals the following weekend.  I started checking off my to-do list I created during graduation while continually adding new things to it.  In seven years, my life has changed dramatically.  As I look back on my journey the past couple of years, I am grateful for the opportunity to grow.  I didn't think I could accomplish everything I have accomplished. It has been a great lesson of personal growth and sacrifice.  And after all that, I have officially earned the title "Master of the House" given to me by my father.  It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

2 comments:

Kellie said...

COngrats FIfe! THat is awesome! I want to eat some crab legs ;)

Tiffany said...

Congratulations smarty pants! Seriously what a huge accomplishment. I am so proud of you!