Sunday, November 4, 2007

Serenity Now, Insanity Later!

Has anyone seen this Seinfeld episode? It's a classic. I tend to say "serenity now" when things are stressful to help me get through. I feel like I've been saying it a lot lately so I had to add this clip today. My life is maxed out with "stuff" and I have been staying super busy. But life is good. I am happy and healthy which I couldn't ask for more. I feel like I'm being stretched in my life right now and I feel like I am being prepared for something in the future. There has to be a reason so much is going on in my life right now and I am interested to find out why. I started a third job a couple of weeks ago. I am subbing during the days, tutoring an old student once a week after school and working at a spa in Bothell three nights a week. It is called It Figures. Some family friends (the Soanes, who I watched their daughter while they were in Europe) just bought and took over the business and I'm helping out a few evenings a week. It has been nice earning some extra money but it has been hard having my nights taken away. It makes it hard to find the time to do the little things like take care of insurance claims, figuring out why I am STILL getting bills from the hand surgery I had in May, completing my church responsibilities, finding time to eat and work out, doing laundry, etc. I can't complain about not finding time to eat. I've lost a few pounds from stress and it actually feels kind of nice. :) It seems like right when I have a moment of peace, something else appears. I hope I'm not complaining in any way! Life is busy and at times overwhelming, but I am so grateful that I am smiling each day and enjoying life. There have been times in my life where I couldn't have handled all of this "stuff" but I feel blessed for these experiences and opportunities that will help me grow and become a stronger, better Emily. So I have serenity now and I'll save the insanity for later.

3 comments:

Davis Smith said...

I'm so glad I can feel connected with you again! I love reading your blog -- it brings back so many memories. I can relate to this post because I'm constantly asking myself "when will life slow down?" I live from one event to the next and it drives me crazy sometimes! It's hard to imagine the times when I ever felt "bored" in my life. I'm sure you're doing a lot of good amidst your crazy schedule though - you've always been so service oriented. Tell your family hi -- I miss you all and would love to see you again.

Christiane said...

Well, I can say that you are doing a great job of it! You are definitely a role model to me for patience and serenity. Any time I've seen you frustrated, I can see your kindness shine through and you are able to let it go. I need more of that, so I'm glad to have you in my life. Pat yourself on the back, you are doing fabulous!!

The Pilgrims said...

Though I'm a million miles away and can't be there while you go threw these trials, I echo what Christiane said! You are a role model of patience and serentiy and this post proves it! You always find the positive points in a situation and can laugh (even if sarcasticly!) at any situation. I admire you! Hang in there b/c God does have a plan for you and I'm sure that you'll look back on all of this someday and realize the purpose that it is for... (It'd just be nice to see the end of the road now, and I totally hear you on that one!)
Sending out some hugs to ya!
~B