Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two Months Later....

I finished teaching 1st grade at Shelton View yesterday. It was a nice school and I enjoyed my time there. I am back to the daily grind of substituting. Luckily I have had some jobs set up with teachers and classes I know which makes it easier to go back and be a sub. This afternoon, I was in my Dual Language Kindergarten class. They were very excited to see me and it was fun to see how they have grown.

Right in the middle of me explaining an assignment, one little girl raised her hand and asked in all seriousness, "Miss Fife, are you married yet?" There were a couple parents in the room and they chuckled. I started laughing and looked at the girl and said, "Sweetie, I haven't even been on a date." It is amazing how concerned the kids look when they hear I'm not married. My favorite comment from this class is when they very first found out I wasn't married. A different little girl looked shocked, with HUGE eyes, and said, "AND YOU'RE ALLOWED TO TEACH!" I know...it's shocking that they would allow a "singleton" to teach children, but I'm glad they do because they make me laugh!

1 comments:

Shelley said...

I had to laugh out loud at this! Hi Emily! I guess I'm blog spying on you (from Mikelles). I'm not public, but I would love to invite you. I will figure out how. Anyway (longest comment ever) I once had a student ask if there was a baby in my tummy.........when there wasn't! Not so fun, I have to say! I guess my shirt was a little tight and showed off my awesome gut...... I also saw your post about the wedding you went to in Roosevelt, I think?.......My brother runs a lodge out that way in Altamont and you would die if you could hear his comments about the locals. He comes to see us in the "big city" (greater Wasatch Front:) every chance he gets! Thanks for brightening my day!