Last Friday my principal came to me after school to tell me she spoke with the school district and that they made a contract for me. Since I am staying longer than 60 days, they were able to hire me as an official NSD teacher until March 21st! The contract is retroactive so I get back pay from November 5th!!
Living off of a substitutes salary has been ridiculously hard, especially not getting paid for any holidays, snow days, half days, etc. Knowing that I will now be paid for all of Winter Break makes me want to jump for joy. I also get retirement and benefits!! I don't have to keep paying an arm and a leg for my prescriptions! This is the biggest blessing in my life right now and I am so grateful where my life has been led. I've had to make some tough decisions lately and it just feels so wonderful to be blessed for my hard work.
My principal says that this is a huge foot in the door since I am an official employee now! Not just a substitute! She sent me an e-mail the other day saying she owed me big time for staying and she will do everything in her power to get me a job next year. I cannot tell you how nice that was to hear! Whether I am here next year or have a different adventure being prepared for me, I am grateful for the life I am living today.
To update everyone on my decision of moving to Utah....the job position changed from what I had originally thought. The job was broken up into two positions with a lower salary. Honestly, I would have loved to do the job before it was split into two positions. It sounded like a fun challenge that was right down my alley. I considered taking the newly offered receptionist job, just to change things up, but after a lot of thinking and praying, I decided to stay here for now. Who know what the future holds. Maybe in a few months something perfect will come along with a higher salary and I will be more open to the thought of big change. Until then, I'm enjoying today.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Christmas Miracle!!
Posted by Emily Fife at 11:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey ... will you email me your address???
I am a little offended that the Utah decision didn't pan out ... didn't you include me as one of the CON's when you were weighing the it out?!! Just teasing! Congrats on the "official benefits and retirement!!!" I am so happy for you!!
Also ... thank you for the Love Acutally clip .... that made my day! Seriously! i was having a crappy one until I saw that!
Emily Fife!
This is Shelley Radmall. I got here from Mikelle Blackner's blog. I have been off the radar for about a year, with my 3rd son's birth and lots of health issues, so it's nice to have enough time to write. I have been thinking a lot about you and the other kids we went to college with. It sounds like anna's out there, too!
I read your last 3 posts. You HAVE had to make some big decisions. I applaud you for living the life that you have NOW and for prayerfully seizing the opportunities that are right for you now. It sounds like there have been too many good opportunities! (It's always feast or famine with these things, isn't it?) I would have had a tough time choosing, too. But, I've always sided with Kathleen Kelly, as well. Teaching is tough! But the rewards aren't always monetary.
Would you email me? I want to hear about evergreen. My friend in McMinnville works for them. Lots of catching up, huh? Well, just if you get a chance, I'd love to see what you're up to. Hang in there, you! Long post. Sorry
Congrats! What an answer to prayer... already! I'm happy for you and hope that this makes your Christmas all the merrier.
Love, Becky
We certainly don't expect to be rewarded for our choices, but in this case, I believe you got one with a big bow for making a difficult, but admirable choice. We're so happy for you! Merry Christmas!
Emily!!!
I am so happy for you. What a roller-coaster though, eh?
Love,
Rose
Post a Comment