Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bienvenidos Jefe!




Today was a GRANDE DIA for me! I became solely responsible for a living creature. I am MUY FELIZ! We have been teaching an Animals 2 by 2 science unit in Kindergarten and our first couple of weeks we had fish in our classroom. I found myself becoming very close with the fish and talking to them once the kids left. I might be UN POCO LOCO, but they made me FELIZ. This week we got ugly snails that make me sick to look at and made me miss our PEZ.

I have been extremely stressed (understatement) with getting report cards done in two languages by the 21st, preparing for the Dual Language Kindergarten teacher to come back on the 24th, mentally getting ready for starting at a new school on the 24th, meeting new kids and new staff, saying goodbye to the community I have learned to LOVE over the past five months, trying to figure out where to apply next year and get my applications and all that goes with it out, figuring out what I am to do this summer to financially survive since this year I am not on a year contract, etc. etc. etc. I know it will all work out because this year has been a blessing and something great will happen. It's just hard not knowing what that will be.

ANYWAYS, my point to being extremely stressed is that Jefe couldn't have come at a better time. He makes me smile. He is a funny little guy. The pictures don't show it, but he has a big frowny mouth. He reminds me of my Grandpa Cole who passed away last year. When I was in Mexico with my sister and my grandparents for my college graduation, everyone in Mazatlan called him "Jefe" which means boss in Spanish. The name is PERFECTO! I wanted to call my fish a Spanish name to remind me of my time at LA ESCUELA DE WOODIN.

Here's a little footage of me and Jefe. I tried to add UN POCO ESPANOL into my commentary. I should know more from CINCO months of being in a Dual Language classroom. I would AMOR to learn someday. For now, enjoy my Spanglish.

0 comments: