Miracle #1: I got hired to teach at Woodin Elementary next year! I will be teaching a 2/3 combination class (English Speaking). The whole process blew my mind. I had three principals call me and it was a stressful couple of days figuring out where the best place for me to be was but it felt great knowing that I was wanted and sought after...especially when I was told over and over that there would be hardly any hiring in the district from several principals and district personnel. This actually happened the last week of school (June 20) but then my car accident happened and I had to put my excitement on hold for a bit.
Miracle #2: My car will be able to be fixed! Gary, from Showcase Collision, became a miracle worker while I was in Utah. Before I left, I was going to have to pay off my "totaled" car and buy a new one. After my accident, I worked all day then went to visit Gary to look into fixing my car. I knew it was bad when he said, "How attached to your car are you?" He started explaining about "total loss" which I had not understood before. I looked at Gary and said, "Gary, I just want to warn you, I'm going to start crying now. It's not you. I know everything is going to work out, but I've had a long day and I didn't want to hear that." He instantly changed into father mode and was very sympathetic and gave me a hug on the way out to door. He called around and around to find slightly used parts to make my repairs low enough so I just have to pay my $500 deductible. He was an answer to so many prayers. If you ever get into a collision...go see Gary. He'll give you a hug if you need it.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Miracles Happen
Posted by Emily Fife at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Emily-please email me at bethfrymire@yahoo.com. I'm teaching 2/3 also and need help!!
hahaha-my screen name popped up... this is Beth Frymire
Post a Comment