Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Please Sir, Can I Have Some More?

Today I got the keys to my new classroom. I always get so excited to set up my "home away from home". I'm in my classroom half of my time (or more) so I like to make it cozy and warm. I walked in today and was shocked by the bright yellowish and lime green colors on all the wall. They are fun walls. They are bright walls. They are just not colors I prefer to have in my room. Mental Note #1: Paint! Mental Note #2: Call dad so he can paint!! (with my help of course)

The teacher who was in there before didn't have any of her stuff moved out yet so I asked my principal what was staying for me to use. I soon realized I will have a teachers desk, kids desks and chairs and probably a filing cabinet. No bookshelves, tables, shelves, etc. Mental Note #3: Where the heck am I going to put stuff? They will work on getting me a table or two but I need to work on finding the other furniture that will make my classroom function as it should. Mental Note #4: Where is that rich doctor I'm supposed to marry?

After I left, I couldn't help but think of little Oliver. He had so little when he was so hungry and needed so much more than he was given. I feel like Oliver, lifting my bowl and asking, "Please sir, can I have some more furniture?" So while thinking about what Oliver would do, I heard a voice say, "You've got to pick-a-pocket or two." Well, I'm not going to do that, but I will hit up a bunch of garage sales if I can and send a note out to anyone who might have extra stuff hanging around ready to be delivered to Value Village or somewhere. Let me know if you do and I may just take it off of your hands. I may post a few pictures later of my old classrooms to see if anyone in cyber world has anything out there that would work.

1 comments:

Anna said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you!! I always love your movie references! you are the best! Good luck!