The class conversation started when I showed them this book. Immediately the kids said that teacher was me. I still don't see the resemblance but they were adamant I was the teacher on the cover. Could it be that my hair flips a little? Are my eyes that big?
At the end of the day, I read Matilda since it is my favorite book. The class had another long conversation about how I look like Miss Honey.
I got to the chapter where it describes Miss Honey and they all sat there shaking their heads like...yep, that's Ms. Fife! They said that just my hair color is different. How about the fact that she is a size 0!! That's a big difference.
Well, I had to sit back and listen to the kids' comments as it was pretty funny to hear about what they thought I looked like. With the rough start to the year, I just figured they all thought I was Ms. Trunchbull. We haven't gotten to that part in the book yet so we'll see if anyone changes their mind after I describe her character. :)
1 comments:
Apologies for inserting update into post comment off topic.
I’m writing to let you know my Sharing Notes blog is history.
If I happen to be on your link list, below is my new blog name/address (if I am not on your link list, no worries what so ever… if you are receiving this you are on my link list – please let me know if problem):
Roxanne Kristina
http://roxannekristina.blogspot.com/
If you would like more details please read this post:
http://roxannekristina.blogspot.com/2008/09/dear-ones-link-list.html
Blessings,
Roxanne
Post a Comment