My cousins invited me to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, UT the 2nd weekend I was there. It was a fun time meeting their friends and watching truly amazing talent.
On Friday night, we saw Romeo & Juliet in the outdoor playhouse that is designed like Shakespeare's Globe. What wonderful acting! I am impressed with all the lines that are memorized and presented in such a smart way. There were times I thought they had to have changed the script because of the way they were able to arrange words and expression. Every word was true to Shakespeare and I loved every word.
ROMEO & JULIET
I loved walking around the college campus and seeing how they created a little Shakespearean village. This was my first experience at a festival and I hope it won't be my last!
Before each show, there was a "Green Show" put on by students from the college.
On Saturday, we saw two shows, Noises Off and A Mid Summer Night's Dream. I didn't know a lot about Noises Off (non-Shakespeare) so I was surprised when I laughed my butt off! There were 3 acts that showed you the many sides of putting on a play from rehearsal, performances and behind the scenes...including all the things that could go wrong.
NOISES OFF
A Midsummer Night's Dream
I was unfamiliar with this Shakespeare play so I didn't know all the fun and twisted story lines I was in for. I didn't think I would laugh out loud at a Shakespeare play, but I did. And often. What a great production full of color and great costumes. The acting was phenomenal!
I was with amazing girls during this trip. It was great to meet my cousins' friends and make some memories.
| Kathy, Allison, Kristan, Jenna, Elisa, Emily |
Parting is such sweet sorrow!







0 comments:
Post a Comment