Monday, July 18, 2011

Days of 47 Rodeo

My cousin Kiersten had tickets to a rodeo tonight. I was so excited to go! I haven't been to a rodeo in a long time and missed the excitement and adrenaline...and the cute cowboys. Oh, the cowboys. My heart melts every time I see those Wranglers.   I believe one of the songs we heard tonight went something like, "I have everything I need because my friends have tractors".  Gotta love country lyrics. 
Cousins Sarah, Kiersten and Emily





The bull riding is always such a rush.  Unfortunately, the bull riding was a little bit of a let down tonight.  Only a couple cowboys rode for 8 seconds.  A new event for me was the "milking" event.  (I'm sure it has a different name)  A bunch of cows ran around while about 5 cowboys tried to lasso them.  Once lassoed, the partner on the ground had to milk the cow.  It was a crazy sight to see!  We had no clue what they were doing for the longest time.  Good thing there are easier ways to milk a cow!

1 comments:

The Fife's said...

Looks like fun!