Saturday, August 6, 2011

American Girl Store

While Vanessa and I were at the Alderwood Mall, we went into the American Girl Store that had just opened up the week prior.  What a little girl's heaven!  Seriously.  I couldn't believe what they had for the dolls.  First of all, when I was young, they only started with 3 dolls.  I was very happy to get Samantha one year.  Now a days, there are a million dolls and accessories.  Things sure have changed.  They have taken dolls to a whole nether dimension.   Just keep reading to see what I mean.

I would have wanted this one as a girl!  Look at all the cupcake accessories!  And the little dog, too.
 This is where we get serious.  Serious doll craziness.  I kid you not, there is a doll hair salon in the store.  You can drop off your doll and get a variety of services for your plastic friend.  You can have the stylists braid your doll's hair for $20.  What happened to doing your doll's hair yourself? $20 for one braid!!!  I went into the wrong business!  I should be a doll hair designer!


Here are the stylists.  The dolls have capes and sit in real chairs. I sat and stared at this for a long time. 
The menu of choices.  Face masks, ear piercing, etc. 
While you're waiting for your doll to be "dolled up", why not stop at the American Girl Bistro?  I did think this was pretty cute.  The bistro was very busy!




I'm sure people were wondering why we were taking pictures of strangers, but I had to get a picture of a doll at the table.  I believe the American Doll company has thought of everything.  And they know how to attach a pretty price tag to everything as well.  I know where my allowance would go if I were still little.  If only I had a little girl to live vicariously through. 

0 comments: